100% full Not resolved
2.2

I purchased a roll of New York Galvanized Screen Wire for a covered porch on 3/22/12 (A quality Galvanized product will stand up for years) from Hardware World. I live in central La. Shortly after installing in june, noticed it was rusting I contacted hardware world; they said there was NOTHING they could do. The roll cost ~100.00 this in no way includes time and labor to install. They said I need to contact Newyork Wire I did they no longer make screen they sold that division to someone else (who I could not find). Thus called hardworld back sent pictures asked for my money back they refuse. I as you can c from this enclosed thread how they behaved. JUST TO LET KNOW THIS COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCT; I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Re: ManagerSandra replied Nov 19 10:45amGood Day ...

Perhaps you would like to speak to New York Wire yourself?

In speaking with New York Wire's tech Sandy, she provided me with the same information as before - Galvanized metal does not guarantee not rusting ... even stainless steel breaks down over time and rusts ... You can ask to speak with her yourself at 717-266-5626. She is an expert in their products and can answer any of your questions.

We previously sent you resources provided by New York Wire to select the correct screening for your use ... they highly recommend the fiberglass screening and not the galvanized or any metal *except* aluminum for your exterior use.

This buying guide and the brochure will help you find the correct mesh for your intended use:

SandraCustomer Assistance TeamHeadquarters: Redmond, WAWarehouses: WA & KS

V Ryan replied Nov 19 10:19amPlease tell me for what purposes was this galvanized screen wire for and sir I believe it is your company representative who is not stating facts as correct

Sandra replied Nov 18 11:25amHello ...

I am sorry, I am confused. I am not sure what you want here .... As stated in a previous email, you purchased this product and used it for a purpose it is not manufactured for.

We did the research, spoke to the manufacturer who confirmed this was their product contrary to your statement, and we provided you with resources to select the correct item for your intended use.

I am at a loss as to why this is our fault? How do you want us to remedy an issue with a product that you made the decision to purchase and use for your own project though it was not the right material for the job? The consumer has the responsibility to make the determination as to what product they are ordering and that it is suitable for their project. That is not the responsibility of the retailer.

And of course, you are within your rights to make your opinion known but we also actively refute all claims and will post our responses including emails to you as rebuttals.

John TaylorPNW Division ManagerHardware World LLCRedmond, WA

Conversation started by V Ryan Nov 18 7:41amLast chance to rectify this purchase before I go to pissed consumer website.

Dear Madam Your Lack of Concern is touching Thank You I am enclosing some pictures; four things I would like to point out first I bought this product from your company thinking I was getting Galvnized screen (which is used for exterior screened in porches) from NEW YORK WIRE. Come to find out New York Wire has not made this product in years (thus the picture of the box) Two if you look at the first picture the Cage is made of galvanized wire which is 18 years old and exposed to rabbit urine, vs. your wire which started rusting after a month of installation. Third the reason people purchase galvanized wire and pay more is to avoid rusting. Fourth as you can see from the box it does not specify to be used indoors only. I would appreciate my 109.00 back, and the labor to install this product was 150.00. This will not repay me for having to redo the project. Sincerely Veronica Ryan

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:39 PM, Hardware World Customer Service wrote:

Hello Veronica,

Thank you for your call. I'm so sorry to hear that your galvanized screen has not performed as you expected.

I immediately contacted our warehouse manager about the situation.

After checking with the manufacturer I am writing to you so I can share some of the links they offered to help clarify the product properties.

Unfortunately, the galvanized coating put on this steel screening is for strength.......not waterproofing. That is why they post no claims of a rust proof product.

He suggested you might be more pleased with a fiberglass type screen, since it would not rust.

Especially, if you live in a coastal area, since galvanized on steel would probably rust more quickly he said.

He also gave me a website for the manufacturer's brochure so you could look at their product descriptions more closely.

I apologize for any mistaken ideas conveyed by the galvanized description. I will be sure to clarify the description on our website.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,

DianeCustomer Care TeamHeadquarters: Redmond, WA

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Hardware World?

Comments